Monday, June 18, 2012

Breakfast Smoothie

Lately I have been OBSESSED with this smoothie. I love the taste, texture and boost of nutrients it gives me in the morning. I have had it almost every morning for 2 weeks straight.

Green Smoothie Recipe:
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup baby spinach
1 scoop protein powder (I use cookies & cream flavor)
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/3 of an avocado or 1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup skim milk

total calories:~350
To lower the calories I have been decreasing the amount of peanut butter I've been adding. Lately I have put in the whole tbsp because my local grocery store RAN OUT of avocados! I couldn't believe it! Once they have some back in stock I will use less peanut butter. Personally I like a really thick smoothie. In order to have it more drinkable I would suggest removing the peanut butter and avocado all together and increasing the milk.

I use the magic bullet to blend it.

before blending, look at that gorgeous spinach!

after blending




I have been wanting to branch out and try other smoothies but I tend to shy away from berries based ones. Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe?

2 comments:

  1. great blog jeannie! and thx for listing me in your favorites...i'll be following you!
    I loveeee my magic bullet lol. Try frozen strawberries, protein powder, a tsp of vanilla extract, a few spoonfuls of greek yogurt, and just enough almond milk to get it going - tastes just like soft-serve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been craving ice cream recently so that sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete