Monday, June 18, 2012

Cross Training

Yesterday was a cross training day for me. I was scheduled to do an easy 30 minute walk, but decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go for a hike with my sister Nikki and her husband Ray. We traveled about an hour and a half outside of the city to Blomidon Park. This park is gorgeous! Tons of hiking trails through the woods and up the mountain. At the look offs you get to look out at red cliffs and sea views. We ended up hiking for 3 hours and 45 minutes! We were all tired by the end but it was definitely worth it.

Nikki [right] and I on the trails

One of the spectacular views. Love the red cliffs!

I think we're all a little sore this morning but happy. I'm trying to be conscious of how much water I drink today, and I'm planning an easy walk with some stretching later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment